Thursday, June 27, 2013

Off to the Repair Shop.

Time to Catch Up!
During the Holidays it was determined that I had atrial fibrillation as well as an aortic aneurism that needed to be fixed. That was kinda scary and originally I was going to have a somewhat risky surgery to fix it here in Corvallis.  I was not confidant in the surgeon and managed to get a second opinion in Portland where they concluded I needed a somewhat less risky procedure and on April 30th I had a "Valve sparing aortic root replacement with a modified maze procedure." My support team of Sheryl and the boys stood by and all went well.  I  now have a manly 9inch scar up my chest and am on my way to a total recovery. Whew!  It was also determined that my coronary arteries are "clean as a whistle" which was good news for a 67 year old  overweight guy,

No comments:

Post a Comment